Before attempting to install or remove the IP Recovery Kit, you must understand the hardware and software requirements for the package and the installation and removal procedures.
Kit Hardware and Software Requirements
Before installing and configuring the LifeKeeper IP Recovery Kit, be sure that your configuration meets the following requirements:
- Servers. The recovery kit requires two or more supported computers configured in accordance with LifeKeeper requirements described in the SIOS Protection Suite for Linux Technical Documentation and the SIOS Protection Suite for Linux Release Notes.
- LifeKeeper software. You must install the same version of LifeKeeper software and any patches on each server. Please refer to the SPS for Linux Technical Documentation and the SIOS Protection Suite for Linux Release Notes for specific LifeKeeper requirements.
- LifeKeeper IP Recovery Kit. You must have the same version of this recovery kit on each server.
- IP network interface. Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface. In order for IP switchover to work properly, user systems connected to the local network should conform to standard TCP/IP specifications. This interface should be configured. If there are no ifcfg* files, IP switchover may fail when the interface is down.
Note: Even though each server requires only a single network interface, you should use multiple interfaces for a number of reasons; for example, heterogeneous media requirements, throughput requirements, elimination of single points of failure, network segmentation and local recovery support. Also, set an actual IP address for NIC used for the IP resource setting. By using the actual IP address, confirm the communication on IP network.
For the configuration of channel bonding and network teaming that have been tested, please click here.
- TCP/IP software. Each server also requires the TCP/IP software.
Consult the SPS for Linux Release Notes or your sales representative for the latest release compatibility and ordering information.
You should refer to the SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide for specific instructions on how to install or remove the LifeKeeper IP Recovery Kit.