Perform the following steps on the cluster node (primary). For Oracle installation, please refer to the Oracle documentation.
- Download the Oracle 12c installation package and unzip it to the appropriate directory under /home/oracle.
- Switch to the oracle user with su oracle
- A directory named “database” is created under the unzipped directory. The directory will launch the installer, which is located:
- Configure Security Update. Enter the registered email address and support password for Oracle and click Next. This is not mandatory.
- Installation option. Select Install Database Software only and click Next.
- Grid Installation options. Select Single Instance Database installation and click Next.
- Product Language. Select your preferred language and click Next.
- Database Edition. Select Enterprise Edition and click Next.
- Installation Location. If it is
- Create Inventory. Use the default value and click Next.
- Product list checks. Use the default value and click Next.
- Operating System Group. Use the default value and click Next.
- Summary. If there is no problem, run Install.
- Installation is started.
- The Execute Configuration scripts window will open. Follow the instructions and run the script as root.
When the script is completed, click OK.
- Click Close to complete the installation.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.