Before setting up disk replication using DataKeeper, the disks must be prepared for replication. Please note that this tutorial assumes the availability of an empty disk for each node, both of equal size.
This guide uses the following parameters as examples. You will need to replace these parameters based on the local environment DataKeeper is being installed on.
|Disk Device Name for Replication||/dev/xvdb (as the second disk)|
Create /datakeeper Folder
Check the Available Disks on node-a
Confirm the disk to mount using lsblk. As seen in the screenshot below, the storage device xvdb is not mounted to the instance yet.
Use gdisk to Create a Partition
Use gdisk /dev/xvdb to create a partition on this disk.
Type these commands in the following order:
- n to create a new partition
- <Enter> to select default (Partition number)
- <Enter> to select default (First Sector)
- <Enter> to select default (Last Sector)
- <Enter> to select default (HEX code)
- w to write down the changes
- y to confirm the operation
Create a File System to the Partition using mkfs
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.