Perform the following steps on the primary server:
- On the Edit menu, select Server, then Create Resource Hierarchy.
The Create Resource Wizard dialog will appear.
- Select SAP MaxDB Database from the drop-down list and click Enter.
- You will be prompted for the following information. When the Back button is active in any of the dialog boxes, you can go back to the previous dialog box. This is helpful should you encounter any error requiring you to correct the previously entered information. You may click Cancel at any time to cancel the entire creation process.
Choose either intelligent or automatic. This determines how the SAP MaxDB resource will be switched back to the primary server after it comes in-service (active) on the backup server following a failover. Intelligent switchback requires administrative intervention to switch the resource back to the primary server, while automatic switchback occurs as soon as the primary server is back on line and reestablishes SPS communication paths.
Note: The switchback strategy must match that of the dependent resources to be used by the SAP MaxDB resource.
|SAP MaxDB Programs Directory||This field contains by default the SAP MaxDB Program Path found in the SAP /etc/opt/sdb file on the corresponding server. You may type in another directory path. The valid characters allowed for the pathname are letters, digits and the following special characters: – _ . /|
|SAP MaxDB Instance||This field contains by default the name of the first SAP MaxDB instance found on the system for which no SPS hierarchy exists. The drop-down list shows other database instances that may be available on your system.|
|SAP MaxDB System User||This is the System User that owns or has permission to execute SAP MaxDB commands. This user must exist on the corresponding server. Enter a valid user name in the selection window.|
|User_Key||This field contains a default value for the XUSER User_Key. The User_Key is used to store database user data for use with SAP MaxDB Tools. Enter a valid User_Key for the corresponding server, OS User and database instance combination.|
|SAP MaxDB Database Tag||This is a unique tag name for the new SAP MaxDB database resource on the primary server. The default tag name consists of the SAP MaxDB instance. You may type in another unique tag name. The valid characters allowed for the tag are letters, digits and the following special characters: – _ . /|
- Click Create. The Create Resource Wizard will then create your SAP MaxDB resource hierarchy. SPS will validate the data entered. If SPS detects a problem, an error message will appear in the information box.
- You should see a message indicating that you have successfully created an SAP MaxDB resource hierarchy and you must extend that hierarchy to another server in your cluster to achieve failover protection. Click Next.
- Click Continue. SPS will then launch the Pre-Extend Wizard. Refer to Step 2 under Extending an SAP MaxDB Resource Hierarchy for details on how to extend your resource hierarchy to another server.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.