After you have completed the necessary setup tasks, use the following steps to define the Samba resource hierarchy.
- From the LifeKeeper GUI menu, select Edit, then Server. From the menu, select Create Resource Hierarchy.
The Create Resource Wizard dialog box will appear with a drop down list box displaying all recognized Recovery Kits installed within the cluster.
- Select Samba Share and click Next.
- You will be prompted to enter the following information. When the Back button is active in any of the dialog boxes, you can go back to the previous dialog box. This is helpful should you encounter an error requiring you to correct previously entered information. You may click Cancel at any time to cancel the entire creation process.
Choose either intelligent or automatic This dictates how the Samba instance will be switched back to this server when the server comes back up after a failover. The switchback type can be changed later from the General tab of the Resource Properties dialog box.
Note:The switchback strategy should match that of the Print Server, IP or File System resource to be used by the Samba resource. If they do not match the Samba resource creation will attempt to reset them to match the setting selected for the Samba resource.
|Server||Select the Server on which you want to create the hierarchy.|
|Location of Configuration File||Select the directory where the Samba configuration file is located.|
|Config File Name||
Enter the name of the Samba configuration file to be used for this resource creation. The default is smb.conf.
Note: LifeKeeper will read the selected configuration file, and if the file does not specify the required directives, LifeKeeper will generate an error message. It does minimal checking of the configuration file (to verify that shares exist, that they have a path directive, that a lock directory has been specified, and that the directory exists). Additional checking is done during the creation process.
|Root Tag||Either select the default root tag offered by LifeKeeper, or enter a unique name for the resource instance on this server. The default is Samba- configfilename, where configfilename is the name of the associated configuration file. You may use letters, numbers and the following special characters: – _ . /|
- Click Create. The Create Resource Wizard will then create your Samba resource hierarchy. LifeKeeper will validate the data entered. If LifeKeeper detects a problem, an error message will appear in the information box.
- An information box will appear indicating that you have successfully created a Samba resource hierarchy, and you must Extend that hierarchy to another server in your cluster in order to achieve failover protection. Click Next.
- Click Continue. LifeKeeper will then launch the Pre-Extend Wizard. Refer to Step 2 under Extending a Resource Hierarchy (below) for details on how to extend your resource hierarchy to another server.