Check the connection to the database from the remote client.
- Install the Oracle client software on the client.
- Ensure that the resource is active on the primary node.
- Connect to the database via the listener from the remote client using the virtual IP address for connection.
- Switch over the Oracle Database resource from the LifeKeeper GUI. Right-click the Oracle Database resource and select In Service.
- The switchover is completed.
- Connect from the remote client via the listener as follows (access with the cluster host name).
- It was confirmed that the same IP address (virtual IP address) can be used to connect to Oracle before and after switching.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.