The SAP SIOS HA Cluster Connector (SSHCC) provides an interface between the SAP Start Service (sapstartsrv) and LifeKeeper. While the HA Cluster Connector is active for an SAP instance, calls through sapcontrol which affect the state of the instance will be routed through LifeKeeper in order to keep the status of the resource in the cluster up-to-date.
In order to activate the SAP SIOS HA Cluster Connector for an SAP instance, follow these steps:
- Identify the location of the active profile for the SAP instance. This can be found from the /usr/sap/sapservices file by looking for the line corresponding to the instance. For example, consider the following line corresponding to an ASCS instance:
In this example, the active ASCS instance profile is located at /usr/sap/STC/SYS/profile/STC_ASCS00_sap1.
- Edit the instance profile found in step 1 and add the following lines to the bottom of the file:
service/halib = saphascriptco.so
service/halib_cluster_connector = /opt/LifeKeeper/lkadm/subsys/appsuite/sap/bin/sap_sios_cluster_connector
service/halib_debug_level = 1
- Add the following line to the /etc/sudoers file on each system in the cluster to allow the SAP administrator user to run the sap_sios_cluster_connector script. Replace <sid> in the following line with the lower-case SAP SID for your system.
- In order for the profile change to take effect, the sapstartsrv process for the instance must be restarted. This can be accomplished with the following command (replacing <sid> with the lower-case SAP SID and <SID> with the upper-case SAP SID):
- To verify that the HA Cluster Connector was successfully activated for the SAP instance, run the following command:
su – <sid>adm -c “sapcontrol -nr <Inst#> -function HAGetFailoverConfig”
- If the HA Cluster Connector has been successfully configured for the instance, the output from this command should show
HAGetFailoverConfig OK HAActive: TRUE HAProductVersion: "SIOS Protection Suite for Linux" steeleye-lk 9.3.2-6863 HASAPInterfaceVersion: "SIOS Protection Suite for Linux" steeleye-lkHACONNECTOR-for-SAP 7.5.0-6855 HADocumentation: docs.us.sios.com/Linux/current/LK4L/SAP/index.htm HAActiveNode: ip-12-0-0-20 HANodes: ip-12-0-0-20, ip-12-0-1-20, ip-12-0-2-20
- If the HA Cluster Connector did not initialize successfully, relevant error messages can be found in the sapstartsrv.log file for the instance, typically located at /usr/sap/<
Post your comment on this topic.