Your SPS configuration must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of the LifeKeeper for Linux VMDK Recovery Kit. See the SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide for specific instructions regarding the configuration of your LifeKeeper hardware and software.
- Servers – LifeKeeper for Linux supported VMware guests are configured in accordance with the requirements described in the SPS for Linux Release Notes and SPS for Linux Installation Guide.
- IP Network Interface Cards – Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP supported network interface card. LifeKeeper clusters require two communications paths. Two separate LAN-based communication paths using dual independent sub-nets are recommended for heartbeats and at least one of these should be configured as a private network. Using a combination of TCP and TTY heartbeats is also supported.
- TCP/IP Software – Each server in your LifeKeeper configuration requires TCP/IP software.
- LifeKeeper Software – It is imperative that you install the same version of the LifeKeeper for Linux software and apply the same versions of the LifeKeeper for Linux software patches to each server in your cluster.
- LifeKeeper for Linux VMDK Recovery Kit – The VMDK Recovery Kit is included in the LifeKeeper installation image. It will be installed when selected on the Recovery Kit Selection screen of the setup script.
- Linux Software – Additional software required to run the VMDK Recovery Kit is included in the LifeKeeper installation image. Run the LifeKeeper setup script to install the VMDK Recovery Kit.
See the SPS for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions on the installation and removal of the LifeKeeper for Linux software.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.