This operation can either be performed from the Edit menu or initiated automatically upon completing the Create Resource Hierarchy option, in which case you should begin with Step 2 below.
- From the Edit menu, select Resource, then Extend Resource Hierarchy. The Pre-Extend Wizard appears. If you are unfamiliar with the Extend operation, click Next. If you are familiar with the SPS Extend Resource Hierarchy defaults and want to bypass the prompts for input/confirmation, click Accept Defaults.
- Select the Template Server from which you want to extend an existing SAP HANA resource. (This dialog box will not appear if you selected the Extend task by right-clicking on a resource instance in the right pane.) Click Next.
- Select the Tag to Extend for the SAP HANA resource that you would like to extend. (This dialog box will not appear if you selected the Extend task by right-clicking on a resource instance in either pane.) Click Next.
- Select intelligent for the Switchback Type to be used for the SAP HANA resource. Click Next.
Intelligent Switchback means that after a failover to the backup server, an administrator must manually switch the SAP HANA resource back to the primary server. CAUTION: This release of SPS does not support Automatic Switchback for SAP HANA resources. Additionally, the Automatic Switchback restriction is applicable for any other LifeKeeper resource with a dependency on a SAP HANA resource.
- Select or enter the Template Priority. Click Next.
This is the priority for the SAP HANA hierarchy on the server where it is currently in service. Any unused priority value from 1 to 999 is valid, where a lower number means a higher priority (1=highest). The extend process will reject any priority for this hierarchy that is already in use by another system. The default value is recommended. Note: This selection will appear only for the initial extend of the hierarchy.
- Select or enter the Target Priority. Click Next.
This is a priority for the newly extended SAP HANA hierarchy relative to equivalent hierarchies on other servers. Any unused priority value from 1 to 999 is valid, indicating a server’s priority in the cascading failover sequence for the resource. Note that SPS assigns priority 1 to the server on which the hierarchy is created by default. The priorities need not be consecutive, but no two servers can have the same priority for a given resource.
- After receiving the message that the pre-extend checks were successful, click Next.
- The Extend Wizard will prompt you to enter the Root Tag for the SAP HANA resource. This is the unique name used by LifeKeeper to identify the equivalent SAP HANA resource being created on the target server. Note: The SAP HANA resource tag name is required to be the same across all cluster servers, so it cannot be edited in this dialog box.
- Click Extend. The Extend Wizard will then extend your SAP HANA resource hierarchy to the target server. If a problem is detected, an error message will appear in the information box.
- After receiving the message “Hierarchy successfully extended“, click Next Server to extend the hierarchy to another server, or click Finish if there are no other extend operations to perform.
- After receiving the message “Hierarchy Verification Finished“, click Done.