It is important to understand what happens to dependencies and protected services when a Postfix hierarchy is deleted.
- Dependencies: When you choose to delete the Postfix hierarchy, only the Postfix resource will be deleted. Dependent IP and file system resources will not be removed.
- Protected Services: If you take the Postfix resource hierarchy out of service before deleting it, the Postfix daemons will be stopped. If you delete a hierarchy while it is in service, the Postfix daemons will continue running and offering services (without LifeKeeper protection) after the hierarchy is deleted.
To delete a resource hierarchy from the servers in your LifeKeeper environment, complete the following steps:
- On the Edit menu, select Resource, then Delete Resource Hierarchy.
- Select the Target Server where you will be deleting your Postfix resource hierarchy and click Next. (This dialog will not appear if you selected the Delete Resource task by right clicking on a resource instance in either pane.)
- Select the Hierarchy to Delete. (This dialog will not appear if you selected the Delete Resource task by right clicking on a resource instance in the left or right pane.) Click Next.
- An information box appears confirming your selection of the target server and the hierarchy you have selected to delete. Click Delete.
- Another information box appears confirming that the Postfix resource was deleted successfully.
- Click Done to exit.
Thanks for your feedback.