The SIOS Protection Suite for Linux WebSphere MQ Recovery Kit provides fault resilient protection for WebSphere MQ queue managers and queue manager storage locations. This kit enables a failure on a primary WebSphere MQ server or queue manager to be recovered on the primary server or a designated backup server without significant lost time or human intervention.
This guide contains the following topics:
- SIOS Protection Suite Documentation. Provides a list of SPS for Linux documentation and where to find it.
- Abbreviations. Contains a list of abbreviations that are used throughout this document along with their meaning.
- Requirements. Describes the hardware and software necessary to properly set up, install and operate the WebSphere MQ Recovery Kit. Refer to the SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide for specific instructions on how to install or remove SPS for Linux software.
- WebSphere MQ Recovery Kit Overview. Provides a brief description of the WebSphere MQ Recovery Kit’s features and functionality as well as lists the versions of the WebSphere MQ software supported by this Recovery Kit.
- WebSphere MQ Configuration Considerations. Provides a general description of configuration issues and shows file system layouts supported by the WebSphere MQ Recovery Kit.
- Configuring WebSphere MQ for Use with LifeKeeper. Provides a step-by-step guide of how to install and configure WebSphere MQ for use with LifeKeeper.
- Configuration Changes Post Resource Creation. Provides information on how WebSphere MQ configuration changes affect LifeKeeper WebSphere MQ resource hierarchies.
- WebSphere MQ Configuration Examples. Provides examples of typical WebSphere MQ configurations and the steps to configure your WebSphere MQ resources.
- LifeKeeper Configuration Tasks Describes the tasks for creating and managing your WebSphere MQ resource hierarchies using the LifeKeeper GUI.
- WebSphere MQ Troubleshooting. Provides a list of informational and error messages with recommended solutions.
- Appendices. Provide sample configuration files for WebSphere MQ and a configuration sheet that can be used to plan your WebSphere MQ installation.
MQ documentation is located at the WebSphere MQ Library available at:
This documentation, along with documentation associated with other SPS Recovery Kits, is available online at: