Your LifeKeeper configuration must meet the following requirements to the installation of the Samba Recovery Kit. Please see the for specific instructions regarding the configuration of your LifeKeeper hardware and software.
- Servers.The Recovery Kit requires two or more servers configured in accordance with the requirements described in the . See the for supported Linux distributions.
- LifeKeeper software. You must install the same version of LifeKeeper software and any patches on each server.
- LifeKeeper IP Recovery Kit. You must have the same version of the LifeKeeper IP Recovery Kit on each server.
- IP network interface. Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface. In order for IP switchover to work properly, user systems connected to the local network should conform to standard TCP/IP specifications.
- TCP/IP Software. Each server also requires the TCP/IP software.
- Samba Software. Samba is delivered with all Linux distributions that LifeKeeper for Linux supports. The Samba Recovery Kit has been tested on Red Hat, SUSE and Miracle Linux.
Thanks for your feedback.