To configure LifeKeeper to provide the required protection capability and flexibility, you need to know the configuration requirements. You also need to understand Amazon, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon 53 and hierarchy configuration options of the user system. In addition to the configuration planning, this section also describes the specific tasks required to set up the Recovery Kit.
Specific Configuration Considerations for Route53 Resources
The following configuration tasks for Route53 resources are described in this section. They are unique to a Route53 resource instance and different for each recovery kit.
- Creating a Resource Hierarchy: Creates an application resource hierarchy in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Deleting a Resource Hierarchy: Deletes a resource hierarchy from all servers in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Extending Your Hierarchy: Extends a resource hierarchy from the primary server to a backup server.
- Unextending Your Hierarchy: Unextends (removes) a resource hierarchy from a single server in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Adjusting Route53™ Recovery Kit Tunable Values: Tunes characteristics of the overall behavior of the Route53™ Recovery Kit.
- Create a Resource Dependency: Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete a Resource Dependency: Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service: Brings a resource hierarchy into service on a specific server.
- Out of Service: Takes a resource hierarchy out of service on a specific server.