LifeKeeper Single Server Protection requires a unique license for each server. The license is a run-time license, which means that you can install LifeKeeper Single Server Protection without it, but the license must be installed before you can successfully start and run the product.
The Installation script installs the Licensing Utilities package which obtains and displays all of the available Host IDs for your server during the initial install of your LifeKeeper Single Server Protection Software. Once your licenses have been installed the utility will return the Entitlement ID if it is available or the Host IDs if it is not.
Any LifeKeeper Single Server Protection licenses obtained from the SIOS Technology Corp. Licensing Operations Portal will contain your Entitlement ID and will not be locked to a specific node in the cluster. The Entitlement ID (Authorization Code) which was provided with your LifeKeeper Single Server Protection Software, is used to obtain the permanent license required to run the LifeKeeper Single Server Protection Software. The process is illustrated below.
Perform the following steps to obtain and install your licenses for each server:
- Get your Host ID. At the end of the SSP installation, make note of the Host ID displayed by the License Key Installer utility.
- Write the Host IDs in a notebook or save them in a file. If saved in a file, copy that file to a system with internet access. Otherwise, take your notebook with you to the system with internet access.
- Ensure you have your LifeKeeper Single Server Protection Entitlement ID (Authorization Code). You should have received an email with your software containing the Entitlement ID needed to obtain the license.
- Obtain your licenses from the SIOS Technology Corp. Licensing Operations Portal.
a. Using the system that has internet access, navigate to the SIOS Technology Corp. Licensing Operations Portal and log in entering your User Name and Password (or register if you do not already have an account).
Note: New users must enter the Entitlement ID that is included in the delivery email..
b. From the Activation and Entitlements dropdown select List Entitlements.
c. Check the box to the left of the product line item(s) that you wish to license.
d. From the Action dropdown select Activate and enter the requested information (including your system HOSTNAME) then select Next.
e Click on the Gray Plus Sign to choose an already defined host or create a new host by selecting the Green Plus Sign.
f. Select ANY for the Node Locked Host choice if it is available, otherwise select ETHERNET MAC ADDRESS and enter the Host ID (MAC address), click OK then click Generate.
g. Check the box to the left of the Fulfillment ID and select Complete.
h. From the License Support dropdown select List Licenses. Check the box to the left of the Fulfillment ID and select Email from the View dropdown.
i. Enter a valid email address to send the license to and select Send.
j. Retrieve the email(s).
k. Copy the file(s) to the appropriate system(s).
- Install your license(s).
- On each system, copy the license file(s) to /var/LifeKeeper/license. Run /opt/LifeKeeper/bin/lkkeyins and specify the filename (including full path) to the file.
- Repeat on all additional servers. You must install a license on the other SPS server(s) using the unique Host ID for each server.
- Restart SIOS Protection Suite for Linux.