The Java Only Configuration comprises the installation of:
- Central Services Instance for Java (SCS Instance)
- Enqueue Replication Server Instance (ERS Instance) for the SCS Instance (optional)
- Database Instance (DB Instance)
- Primary Application Server Instance (PAS)
- Additional Application Server Instances (AAS) – It is recommended that Additional Application Server Instances (AAS) be installed on hosts different from the Primary Application Server Instance (PAS) Host
Switchover Cluster for a Java Only System (SCS)
In the above example, SCS is in a separate LifeKeeper hierarchy from the Database. Although it is active on the same server as the Database, they can fail over separately.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.