SPS for Linux may be upgraded to future releases while preserving existing resource hierarchies. Review this information carefully to ensure that you minimize application downtime.
- While upgrading a cluster, switch all applications away from the server to be upgraded now. Do this manually or by setting the LifeKeeper shutdown strategy to “Switchover” which causes the applications to be switched when LifeKeeper is stopped or the server is shut down.
- If necessary, upgrade the Linux operating system before upgrading SPS. It is recommended that you unextend all resources from a server that is to be upgraded prior to performing the operating system upgrade.
- Upgrade LifeKeeper by referring to How to Use Setup Scripts.
- Switch all applications back to the upgraded server.
- Repeat this procedure for each server in the SPS cluster to be upgraded.
Thanks for your feedback.