Before you can install and set up the recovery software, your server must meet certain hardware and software requirements. You should refer to the SPS for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions on how to install or remove the LifeKeeper MySQL Recovery Kit.
Be sure that your configuration meets the following requirements:
- Servers. The Recovery Kit requires two or more LifeKeeper supported computers configured in accordance with the requirements described in SPS for Linux Technical Documentation and the SPS for Linux Release Notes.
- LifeKeeper software. You must install the same version of LifeKeeper software and any patches on each server. Please refer to the SPS for Linux Technical Documentation and the SPS for Linux Release Notes for specific LifeKeeper requirements.
- LifeKeeper IP Recovery Kit. This kit is required if remote clients will be accessing the MySQL database. You must have the same version of this Recovery Kit on each server.
- IP network interface. Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface. In order for IP switchover to work properly, user systems connected to the local network should conform to standard TCP/IP specifications.
- TCP/IP software. Each server also requires the TCP/IP software.
- MySQL software. Each server must have the MySQL software installed and configured prior to configuring LifeKeeper and the LifeKeeper MySQL Recovery Kit. The same version should be installed on each server. Consult the SPS for Linux Release Notes or your sales representative for the latest release compatibility and ordering information.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.