You can perform the following configuration tasks from the LifeKeeper GUI. The following four tasks are described in this guide, as they are unique to an Oracle resource instance and different for each Recovery Kit.
- Create a Resource Hierarchy. Creates an application resource hierarchy in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Delete a Resource Hierarchy. Deletes a resource hierarchy from all servers in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Extend a Resource Hierarchy. Extends a resource hierarchy from the primary server to a backup server.
- Unextend a Resource Hierarchy. Unextends (removes) a resource hierarchy from a single server in the LifeKeeper cluster.
- View Oracle Configuration Settings – Allows viewing of the Resource Properties dialog.
- Change Username / Password. Change the Username and Password to login to protect Oracle Database.
- Create a Resource Dependency. Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete a Resource Dependency. Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service. Brings a resource hierarchy into service on a specific server.
- Out of Service. Takes a resource hierarchy out of service on a specific server.
- View Properties. View the properties of a resource hierarchy on a specific server.
- Edit Properties. Edit the properties of a resource hierarchy on a specific server.
Note: Throughout the rest of this section, we explain how to configure your Recovery Kit by selecting certain tasks from the Edit menu of the LifeKeeper GUI. You can also select each configuration task from the toolbar. You may also right-click on a global resource in the Resource Hierarchy Tree (left-hand pane) of the status display window to display the same drop down menu choices as the Edit menu. This, of course, is only an option when a hierarchy already exists.
You can also right-click on a resource instance in the Resource Hierarchy Table (right-hand pane) of the status display window to perform all the configuration tasks, except Creating a Resource Hierarchy, depending on the state of the server and the particular resource.