You can perform the following configuration tasks from the LifeKeeper GUI. The following four tasks are described in this section, as they are unique to a MySQL resource instance, and different for each Recovery Kit.
- Create a Resource Hierarchy. Creates an application resource hierarchy in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Delete a Resource Hierarchy. Deletes a resource hierarchy from all servers in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Extend a Resource Hierarchy. Extends a resource hierarchy from the primary server to a backup server.
- Unextend a Resource Hierarchy. Unextends (removes) a resource hierarchy from a single server in the LifeKeeper cluster.
- Create a Resource Dependency. Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete a Resource Dependency. Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service. Brings a resource hierarchy into service on a specific server.
- Out of Service. Takes a resource hierarchy out of service on a specific server.
You can also right‑click a resource instance in the Resource Hierarchy Table (right‑hand pane) of the status display window to perform all the configuration tasks, except Creating a Resource Hierarchy, depending on the state of the server and the particular resource.