This operation can be started from the Edit menu or initiated automatically upon completing the Create Resource Hierarchy option, in which case you should refer to Step 2 below.
- On the Edit menu, select Resource, then Extend Resource Hierarchy. The Pre-Extend Wizard appears. If you are unfamiliar with the Extend operation, click Next. If you are familiar with the LifeKeeper Extend Resource Hierarchy defaults and want to bypass the prompts for input/confirmation, click Accept Defaults.
- The Pre-Extend Wizard will prompt you to enter the following information.
Note: The first two fields appear only if you initiated the Extend from the Edit menu.
|Template Server||Enter the server where your WebSphere MQ resource is currently in service.|
|Tag to Extend||Select the WebSphere MQ resource you wish to extend.|
|Target Server||Enter or select the server you are extending to.|
|Switchback Type|| Select either Intelligent or Automatic. The switchback type can be changed later, if desired, from the General tab of the Resource Properties dialog box.
Note: Remember that the switchback strategy must match that of the dependent resources to be used by the WebSphere MQ resource.
|Template Priority|| Select or enter a priority for the template hierarchy. Any unused priority value from 1 to 999 is valid, where a lower number means a higher priority (the number 1 indicates the highest priority). The extend process will reject any priority for this hierarchy that is already in use by another system. The default value is recommended.
Note: This selection will appear only for the initial extend of the hierarchy.
|Target Priority||Either select or enter the priority of the hierarchy for the target server.|
|Queue Manager Name||This informational field shows the queue manager name you are about to extend. You cannot change this value.|
|Root Tag||LifeKeeper will provide a default tag name for the new WebSphere MQ resource instance on the target server. The default tag name is the same as the tag name for this resource on the template server. If you enter a new name, be sure it is unique on the target server. Letters, numbers and the following special characters may be used: – _ . /|
- After receiving the message that the pre-extend checks were successful, click Next.
- Depending upon the hierarchy being extended, LifeKeeper will display a series of information boxes showing the Resource Tags to be extended which cannot be edited. Click Extend.
- After receiving the message “Hierarchy extend operations completed”, click Next Server to extend the hierarchy to another server or click Finish if there are no other extend operations to perform.
- After receiving the message “Hierarchy Verification Finished”, click Done.