For the secondary VNIC created and attached on the OCI Cloud console, the IP and other configuration information specified when creating the VNIC resource has not been reflected on the OS.
Referring to the Windows: Configuring the OS for Secondary VNICs , run the PowerShell script provided by Oracle to obtain and reflect the configuration information as metadata. The URL to download the script can be found in the above web page.
- Start PowerShell for administrators.
- Check the name and status of the network adapter. Run the following command to check the Name and Status columns.
PS > Get-NetAdapter
- If the Status column is set to Disabled, enable it with the following command.
PS > Enable-NetAdapter -Name <disabled_netadapter_name>
- Download the script provided by OCI. Click on the link for downloading the script provided in the page described above to download it. If you are following this guide, you should be able to connect to the Internet from a cluster node, you can also download it with the following command.
PS > wget <download_url> -OutFile ".\secondary_vnic_windows_configure.ps1"
- Navigate to the folder where the downloaded script resides and run the following command. The ocid of the secondary VNIC is required as an argument to the script, so go to the secondary VNIC details page on the OCI Cloud console and check the ocid.
PS > .\secondary_vnic_windows_configure.ps1 <secondary_vnic_ocid>