To create a resource instance on the primary server, complete the following steps.
- From the LifeKeeper for Windows GUI menu, select Edit then Server. From the dropdown menu, select Create Resource Hierarchy.
- The Create Protected Application dialog box will display. Select the Primary and Backup servers from the dropdown list. Select Next to continue.
- A dialog box will appear with a dropdown list showing all of the recognized recovery kits installed within the cluster. Select AWS Route53 from the dropdown list and click Next.
- You will be prompted to enter the following information. (When the Back button is active in any of the dialog boxes, you can go back to the previous dialog box. This is especially helpful in the event that you need to correct previously entered information.)
|Domain name (Route53 hosted zone)
|Route53 hosted zones are listed in the dropdown list. Select the domain name to use.
|Host Name (Not FQDN)
|Enter the host name.
|Select a network adapter from the network adapters list. The selected network adapter is used in case no descendant IP resources exist to obtain the target IP address to set to Route53 A record.
|Route53 Resource Tag
|Select or enter a unique Route53 Resource Tag name for the Route53 resource instance you are creating. This field is populated automatically with a default tag name, route53-<host name>.
- Click Create. The Create Resource Wizard will then create your Route53 resource.
- An information box appears and LifeKeeper for Windows will validate that you have provided valid data to create your Route53 resource hierarchy. If a problem is detected an ERROR will appear in the information box. If the validation is successful your resource will be created. Click Next.
Another information box will appear confirming that you have successfully created a Route53 resource hierarchy. You must extend that hierarchy to another server in your cluster in order to place it under LifeKeeper for Windows protection.
When you click Continue, LifeKeeper for Windows will launch the Pre-Extend configuration task. Refer to Extending Your Hierarchy for details on how to extend your resource hierarchy to another server.