Prior to installing and configuring the Recovery Kit for Route 53™, be sure your configuration meets the following requirements.
- AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) version 2 must be installed on all EC2 instances. Refer to Installing AWS Command Line Interface for installation information.
- Instances need to have access to Amazon Route 53 service endpoint,
.amazonaws.com, with HTTPS protocol.
- Register an appropriate domain name (hosted zone) for Amazon Route 53.
- In order for LifeKeeper for Windows to operate in AWS, an IAM user or IAM role with the following access privileges are required. Attach an IAM role with appropriate privileges to the EC2 instance or register an IAM user who has access to the root user’s AWS CLI profile. For more details on AWS IAM roles and the AWS CLI, see the AWS user guides, EC2™ IAM role and configure AWS CLI.
- Make sure that your network configuration (a communication route between the client and the VPC where the cluster nodes reside) satisfies the following requirements:
- The client can communicate with the physical IP address of each cluster node via IP
- The client can resolve the A record name registered in the Route 53 Hosted Zone (the client is able to obtain the physical IP address from the FQDN of the A record name)
LifeKeeper for Windows Software
The same version of the LifeKeeper for Windows software and patches must be installed on each server. For the specific LifeKeeper for Windows requirements, refer to the LifeKeeper for Windows Technical Documentation and the LifeKeeper for Windows Release Notes.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.