To delete a resource hierarchy from all the servers in your LifeKeeper environment, complete the following steps:
- From the LifeKeeper GUI menu, select Edit then Resource. From the drop down menu, select Delete Resource Hierarchy.
- Select the Target Server where you will be deleting your IIS resource hierarchy. Click Next to proceed to the next dialog box. Note: This dialog will not appear if you selected the Delete Resource task by right-clicking on an individual resource instance in the right pane or on a global resource in the left pane where the resource is on only one server.
- Select the hierarchy to delete. Remember that the list box displays every hierarchy on the target server (i.e. in-service and out-of-server). If you want to stop the IIS instance and remove the resource hierarchy from LifeKeeper protection, you must make sure that the hierarchy you choose is out of service before deleting it. Note: This dialog will not appear if you selected the Delete Resource task by right-clicking on a global resource in the left pane or an individual resource instance in the right pane.
- Click Next to proceed to the next dialog box.
- An information box appears confirming your selection of the target server and the hierarchy you have selected to delete. Click Delete to remove the IIS resource from LifeKeeper protection. The IIS resource and all its dependencies will be deleted form LifeKeeper protection. Another information box appears confirming that the IIS resource was deleted successfully.
- Click Done to exit the Delete Resource Hierarchy menu selection.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.