Before deleting a PostgreSQL hierarchy or instance, make sure that the hierarchy is active (green) on its primary server. You may also wish to remove the dependencies before deleting the hierarchy; otherwise, the dependencies will also be deleted.
To delete a resource hierarchy from all the servers in your LifeKeeper for Windows environment, complete the following steps:
- On the Edit menu, select Resource, then Delete Resource Hierarchy.
- Select the Target Server where you will be deleting your PostgreSQL resource hierarchy and click Next. (This dialog will not appear if you selected the Delete Resource task by right-clicking on a resource instance in either pane.)
- Select the Hierarchy to Delete. (This dialog will not appear if you selected the Delete Resource task by right-clicking on a resource instance in the left or right pane.) Click Next.
- An information box appears confirming your selection of the target server and the hierarchy you have selected to delete. Click Delete.
- Another information box appears confirming that the PostgreSQL resource was deleted successfully.
- Click Done to exit.