- Ensure that the Oracle resource hierarchy is active on the active node (lk-node01).
- Use the virtual IP address to connect to the database from lk-client and run a simple SQL statement.
| C:\> sqlplus sys/XXXXXXXX@10.0.1.100:1521/orcl as sysdba
SQL> select instance_name from v$instance ;
SQL> select sys_context(‘USERENV’,‘SERVER_HOST’) from dual ;
- Right-click on the ORCL resource for the standby node (lk-node02) and select In Service. The ORCL resource will switch over to the standby node.
- Once the switchover is complete, the following screen will be displayed.
- Use the virtual IP address to connect to the database from lk-client.
- Now we have verified that the client can connect to the database using the same IP address (virtual IP address) before and after the switchover.
Thanks for your feedback.