Steps to Upgrade Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version for SIOS Protection Suite/LifeKeeper for Windows
- Download and install the desired version of Java from the appropriate provider.
- Exit out of any LifeKeeper GUI sessions that are running on any of the LifeKeeper cluster nodes.
- Stop LifeKeeper on the backup node(s).
net stop lifekeeper
- Edit the JavaHome registry values.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SteelEye\LifeKeeper\JavaGUI : Change the JavaHome from the current setting to the root folder of the JRE you want to use. (Note: this folder should contain a subfolder “bin” which contains the java.exe executable).
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SteelEye\LifeKeeper\JavaGUI\Server : Make the same JavaHome change as you did for the JavaGUI JavaHome value.
- If firewall is enabled, open the “Windows firewall inbound rule” LifeKeeper Java”. Open the “Programs and Services” tab and change the setting so that it is the full path to the Java executable (e.g. your preferred Java version executable).
Change the description to state that it is for Java JRE <version number>.
Verify that all firewall rule changes are correct.
- Start LifeKeeper.
net start lifekeeper
- Repeat Steps 2-6 on other backup nodes (if any).
- Log in to SIOS Protection Suite and switch the hierarchy to the backup node.
- Repeat the procedure (Steps 2-6) on the primary node.
- Bring the hierarchy in service on the primary node.
At this point, SIOS Protection Suite has been upgraded using the latest version of Java.