Install the PostgreSQL Client
- Log in to sios20lkclient as SIOS20\lkadmin.
- Download the PostgreSQL (Windows x86-64) installation image from the following site, place it anywhere, and double-click it to open it. Version 11.7 is used here. This installation image is identical to the one for the PostgreSQL server.
- Select only the Command Line Tools for installation.
Then follow the prompts to install by default.
Verifying PostgreSQL Client Connectivity
- Log in to sios20lknode01 or sios20lknode02 as sios20\lkadmin
- Launch the LifeKeeper GUI and verify that the resource hierarchy is active on sios20lknode01.
- Log in to sios20lkclient as sios20\lkadmin.
- Open the command prompt and run the following command:
- “\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\bin\psql” -h 10.20.1.200 -p 5432 -U postgres -l
If you enter your password and see the list of databases, this means everything is working correctly.
- Then run the following command:
- “\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\bin\psql” -h 10.20.1.200 -p 5432 -U postgres
Enter the password and run the following internal command:
The IP address of the server on which PostgreSQL is running will be displayed. It returns 10.20.1.200.
- Using the LifeKeeper GUI, configure the PostgreSQL resources (as seen below) so that sios20lknode02 is active.
- Run the command again on sios20lkclient. The IP address shown at the end is 10.20.1.200.
This completes the connection verification.