Check the connection to the database from the client on sios20lkclient.
- Ensure that the Oracle resource hierarchy is active on the active node (sios20lknode01).
- Use the virtual IP address to connect to the database from sios20lkclient and run a simple SQL statement.
C:\> sqlplus sys/XXXXXXXX@10.20.1.200:1521/orcl as sysdba
SQL> select instance_name from v$instance ;
SQL> select sys_context(‘USERENV’,‘SERVER_HOST’) from dual ;
- Right-click on the ORCL resource for the standby node (sios20lknode02) and select In Service. The ORCL resource will switch over to the standby node.
- Once the switchover is completed the following screen will appear.
- Use the virtual IP address to connect to the database from sios20lkclient.
You have now verified that the client can connect to the database using the same IP address (virtual IP address) before and after the switchover.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.