This section will assist in configuring the Recovery Kit for Route 53™. You need to configure SPS for Windows to provide required protection capability and flexibility. This guide assumes you have an understanding of Amazon, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Route53, and hierarchy configuration options of the user’s system. In addition to configuration planning, this section also describes specific tasks required to set up the Recovery Kit for Route 53™.
Specific Configuration Considerations for Recovery Kit for Route 53™ Resources
The following configuration tasks for Recovery Kit for Route 53™ resources are described in this section. They are unique to a Recovery Kit for Route 53™ resource instance and different for each recovery kit.
- Creating a Resource Hierarchy: Creates an application resource hierarchy in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Deleting a Resource Hierarchy: Deletes a resource hierarchy from all servers in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Extending Your Hierarchy: Extends a resource hierarchy from the primary server to a backup server.
- Unextending Your Hierarchy: Unextends (removes) a resource hierarchy from a single server in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Adjusting Recovery Kit for Route 53™ Tunable Values: Configures characteristics of the overall behavior of the Recovery Kit for Route 53™.
The following tasks are described in the Administration section of the SIOS Protection Suite for Windows documentation. They are common tasks with steps that are identical across all recovery kits.
- Create a Resource Dependency: Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete a Resource Dependency: Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service: Brings a resource hierarchy into service on a specific server.
- Out of Service: Takes a resource hierarchy out of service on a specific server.
- View Properties / Edit Properties: View or edit the properties of a resource hierarchy on a specific server.