To relocate the Intent Log (bitmap file), please perform the following on all servers involved:
- If you have more than one DataKeeper mirror, all mirrors must be moved to be the source on the SAME system BEFORE you relocate the bitmap file.
- Modify the BitmapBaseDir registry value on all systems other than the mirror source system to reflect the new location. This includes mirror targets and any systems that share the volume with the mirror source or share with any of the targets.
Edit Registry via regedit:
Modify the “BitmapBaseDir” parameter, change to the new location (i.e. R:\Bitmaps)
- Reboot each of the non-source systems. If this volume is part of a Windows cluster, be sure that you do not shut down too many nodes simultaneously or you may lose the cluster quorum and cause the cluster to shut down on the remaining nodes.
- Switch any volumes on the source system over to another system (target or shared source). Repeat Step 2 on the system that was previously source.
- After rebooting the original source system, all volume resources can be switched back to that system.