The LifeKeeper with Oracle installation and configuration procedure differs slightly for replicated storage systems and shared stored systems. We have created separate sections in this document for each type of storage configuration in an effort to clarify the installation and configuration process.
For the most efficient setup, perform the following tasks to create an Oracle database instance first on the primary server and then on the secondary server.
- When working on a particular server, switch the communication resource on that particular server, e.g. if working on the backup server, the communication resource should be switched to the backup server.
- The resource hierarchy will be preserved on an upgrade
- Only one Oracle Database is supported per Oracle Home directory.
- Special consideration is required when the Oracle Home is not installed to the same LifeKeeper protected volume as the Oracle Database. If Oracle Home is installed on a different shared or replicated volume, that volume must be LifeKeeper protected and manually added as a dependent resource in the Oracle resource hierarchy.
- Use Windows disk management tools to configure the disk resources and the volumes. Use Oracle tools, e.g. Net Manager, to configure network protocols
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.