Ensure that you have the correct version and/or capacity of the following components for each SIOS Protection Suite server:
- Windows 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016 Operating System (64-bit only).
Note: All servers within a cluster should be running the same version of Windows.
Note: File and Printer Sharing is enabled for Lan Manager AND for use with DataKeeper replicated volumes. During the installation procedure, SIOS Protection Suite can automatically configure the Windows 2008 firewall so that ports it needs are opened, and so that ICMP is enabled.
Note: The Local Security Policy “Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users” must be Enabled if you plan to use DataKeeper replicated volumes with SIOS Protection Suite. This policy will be enabled by LifeKeeper installation.
Note: By default, firewall is enabled. During installation, if a firewall is detected, the appropriate rules will be added to windows firewall. However,if the firewall is disabled during installation and re-enabled at a future time, the setup firewall script needs to run to add the rules. This script is installed as LKROOT%\support\firewallSetup.bat. To run the command from the command line, type firewallSetup.bat %LKROOT
List of Firewall Rules Created
|LifeKeeper CommPath.1500||TCP 1500|
|LifeKeeper CommPath.1510||TCP 1510|
|LifeKeeper EISM||TCP 3279|
|LifeKeeper Java||C:\LK\jre1.7.0_10\bin\java.exe – all ports|
|LifeKeeper lkcmserver||TCP 3278|
|LifeKeeper RMI||TCP 81|
|LifeKeeper Web Server||TCP 82|
|SIOS DataKeeper Dispatch port 9999||TCP 9999|
|SIOS DataKeeper File Share port 139||TCP 139|
|SIOS DataKeeper File Share port 445||TCP 445|
|SIOS DataKeeper NETBIOS port 137||UDP 137|
|SIOS DataKeeper NETBIOS port 138||UDP 138|
|SIOS DataKeeper Volumes||TCP 10000, 10001, 10002, 10003, 10004, 10005, 10006, 10007, 10008, 10009, 10010, 10011, 10012, 10013, 10014, 10015, 10016, 10017, 10018, 10019, 10020, 10021, 10022, 10023, 10024, 10025|
External Hardware Firewall
TCP 1024-65535 only between the 2 end points (server A and B)
Note: This should be set up on any hardware or cloud firewall, it is not required for the Windows firewall.
- Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface card(s) for LAN-based cluster heartbeat(s).
- Disk arrays and storage adapters (SCSI or Fibre Channel) if you are using shared storage.
- Memory. See the SIOS Protection Suite for Windows Release Notes for minimum memory requirements for SIOS Protection Suite.
Note: Additional memory (beyond that required for SIOS Protection Suite) is required to run user applications.
- Disk space. See the SIOS Protection Suite for Windows Release Notes for minimum disk space requirements for SIOS Protection Suite and recovery kits.
- LifeKeeper Graphical User Interface (GUI) platforms and browsers.
- Power Requirements. To maximize the availability of your SIOS Protection Suite servers, it is strongly recommended that you use Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs), or at a minimum, separate the electrical sources to your servers.
- Application software to be protected by SIOS Protection Suite.
Determine the server names, processor types, memory and other I/O devices for your configuration. When you specify a backup server, you should ensure that the server you select has the capacity to perform the processing should a failure occur on the primary server.