This operation can be started from the Edit menu or initiated automatically upon completing the Create IIS Resource Hierarchy option, in which case you should refer to Step 2 below.
- On the Edit menu, select Resource then Extend Resource Hierarchy. The Pre-Extend Wizard appears.
- The Pre-Extend Wizard will prompt you to enter the following information.
Note: The first two fields appear only if you initiated the Extend from the Edit menu.
|Primary Server||Enter the server where your IIS resource is currently in service.|
|Resource Hierarchy to Extend||Select the IIS resource hierarchy to be extended.|
|Backup Server||Select a server from the list of connected servers for which you have Administrator permission to be the backup server for the IIS resource.|
- After receiving the message that the pre-extend checks were successful, click Next.
- Depending upon the hierarchy being extended, LifeKeeper will display a series of information boxes showing the Resource Tags to be extended which cannot be edited. Click Next to extend each of the dependencies.
- Select a priority for the IIS resource on the backup server. Click Extend to extend the IIS resource to the backup server.
- Click Finish to complete the extend process.