The environment in this example looks like this:
|PRIMARY (10.0.2.100) – in AZ1
SECONDARY (10.0.3.100) – in AZ2
DR (10.0.1.10) – in a different Region
1. Create the Job that contains all this possible endpoints and define whether the mirror will be Sync (S) or Async (A) between those endpoints.
- emcmd . createjob ddrive sqldata
2. Create the mirrors.
- emcmd 10.0.2.100 createmirror D 10.0.1.10 A
- emcmd 10.0.2.100 createmirror D 10.0.3.100 S
Our DataKeeper Job should now look like this in the DataKeeper UI
One-to-Many DataKeeper Replicated Volume
Now, we can register the DataKeeper Volume Resource in the cluster Available Storage with this command.
- emcmd . registerclustervolume D
The DataKeeper Volume Resource will now appear in Available Storage as shown below.
DataKeeper Volume in Available Storage
We are now ready to install SQL Server, SAP, File Server or any other clustered resource you normally protect with Windows Server Failover Clustering.