Before Removing DataKeeper
If planning to uninstall DataKeeper and reinstall a previous version, all jobs/mirrors must be deleted on each node prior to uninstalling. These will need to be recreated once software is reinstalled.
Uninstall DataKeeper Cluster Edition
- In Windows Control Panel, find your list of installed programs and select SIOS DataKeeper .
- Select Uninstall.
Once the uninstall process is complete, rebooting the system is required.
Note: Uninstalling automatically stops the DataKeeper Cluster Edition services and clears the registry entries.
Once removed, the following files will not be removed by the uninstall procedure.
|Path and File Name
|Definition and Special Considerations
Common license file directory for SIOS Technology Corp. products. This is where license files are installed and licenses for multiple SIOS Technology Corp. products may be installed here at any given time. We don’t remove this at uninstall so as to not disturb the installed licenses.
Safe to remove manually, but the license will need to be reinstalled if the software is reinstalled at a later time.
A backup file created by Windows when new performance monitor counters are installed. This is created when we install the perfmon counters.
This should probably be left alone since it is a file created by Windows itself.
|This file describes the DataKeeper performance monitor counters. This file can be removed or left alone. It is not an executable.
- Important: Uninstallation of DataKeeper Cluster Edition software requires that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package be installed. Do not remove this package until DataKeeper Cluster Edition has been uninstalled.
- Modify or Repair must be run from the DataKeeper Cluster Edition setup program.
- Removal of DataKeeper Cluster Edition may NOT delete the DataKeeper Cluster Edition directory. This directory can be deleted manually after the Add/Remove operation is complete.
- A reboot of the system is required to completely remove DataKeeper Cluster Edition remnants.