- There are four possible ways to begin.
- Right-click on the icon for the global resource or resource/server combination that you want to take out of service. When the Resource Context Menu appears, click Out of Service.
- On the Resource Context Toolbar, if displayed, click the Out of Service button.
- On the Edit Menu, point to Resource and then click Out of Service. When the Out of Service dialog comes up, select one or more resources that you want to take out of service from the Resource(s) list, and click Next.
- An Out of Service dialog appears confirming the selected resource(s) to be taken out of service. This dialog will include a warning if you are taking a dependent child resource out of service without taking its parent resource out of service as well. Click Out of Service to proceed to the next dialog box.
- If the Output Panel is enabled, the dialog closes, and the results of the commands to take the resource(s) out of service are shown in the output panel. If not, the dialog remains up to show these results, and you click Done to finish when all results have been displayed.
- Errors that occur while taking a resource out of service are logged in the LifeKeeper log of the server on which you want to take the resource out of service.
Thanks for your feedback.