The Java Only Configuration comprises the installation of:
- Central Services Instance for Java (SCS Instance)
- Enqueue Replication Server Instance (ERS Instance) for the SCS Instance (optional)
- Database Instance (DB Instance)
- Primary Application Server Instance (PAS)
- Additional Application Server Instances (AAS) – It is recommended that Additional Application Server Instances (AAS) be installed on hosts different from the Primary Application Server Instance (PAS) Host
Switchover Cluster for a Java Only System (SCS)
In the above example, SCS is in a separate LifeKeeper hierarchy from the Database. Although it is active on the same server as the Database, they can fail over separately.