The SteelEye Management Console, or SMC, must be installed on a dedicated server. The server can be physical or virtual but must not be used for any other purpose. SIOS Technology Corp. does not currently support running the SMC software on servers that are also being used for other purposes. This server must meet the following minimum requirements:
- It must be an Intel (or AMD) 64-bit system capable of running Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 6.4 ×86_64. This can either be a bare metal system or a virtual machine.
- It must have at least 512MB of RAM.
- It must have at least 8GB of disk space with at least 1GB available for the /opt filesystem.
- It must have at least one network adapter.
- It must be able to communicate directly with, via TCP/IP, a VMware vCenter Server (if using the vSphere Client plug-in) and any LifeKeeper Single Server Protection servers that will be viewed/managed by the SMC. There may be network segment/routing/firewall considerations in choosing a server to host the SMC.
- It must be installed with an openssl-devel (its version must coincide with the version of the openssl-devel included in the installing CD).
Once a system is chosen, the following prerequisites must be set up prior to installing the SMC software.
The system must be installed with the default, base software packages and does not require any special package selection.
The system must have the core operating system yum repository enabled and available. This means either the install media repository or a network repository for base system must be enabled in /etc/yum.repos.d/.
Once the system is running a supported operating system, the instructions in Running Setup can be followed to install the SMC software components.