Placing LifeKeeper Protected Resources in Maintenance Mode During SAP Software Update
LifeKeeper has the ability to place the resources in an SAP hierarchy into maintenance mode to allow the user to upgrade their SAP software in-place without having to first bring the hierarchy in-service on a backup server.
When maintenance mode is enabled for the SAP hierarchy:
- Resource health monitoring, local recovery, and failover are disabled for all resources in the hierarchy.
- Any DataKeeper mirrors in the hierarchy will be paused until either maintenance mode is disabled or the user manually resumes the mirror.
To place the SAP hierarchies into maintenance mode:
- Open the LifeKeeper GUI.
- Right-click the SAP ASCS or SCS resource in each hierarchy on the node where it is currently in-service and click SSHCC HA Actions.
- Select Maintenance Mode in the drop-down box.
- Select Enable or Disable maintenance mode for all resources in the chosen hierarchy. This action will be attempted on all nodes in the cluster.
Checking Maintenance Mode Status for LifeKeeper Protected Resources
The LifeKeeper GUI does not currently show the maintenance mode status for each resource hierarchy. To check the maintenance mode status of an SAP hierarchy in LifeKeeper, run the following command from the command line:
sudo $LKROOT/lkadm/subsys/appsuite/sap/admin/bin/lk_maintenance_mode --mode=check --tag=<A/SCS Resource Tag> --cluster
where <A/SCS Resource Tag> is the LifeKeeper tag of the SAP ASCS or SCS resource (e.g., SAP-SID_ASCS00). The output will show whether maintenance mode is fully enabled, partially enabled, or fully disabled for the hierarchy containing the given resource.