There are two configuration requirements that must be met in order to send SIOS iQ issues to a vRealize Operations Manager appliance.
Import Alert and Symptom Definitions to vRealize Operations Manager
In order for vRealize Operations Manager to properly interpret the notifications sent to it by SIOS iQ, the vRealize Operations Manager appliance must be configured with a set of Symptom and Alert Definitions. To configure the appliance the user needs to import an xml file which can be downloaded here.
- On the vRealize Operations Manager home page, click on the Content section.
- Click on Alert Definitions.
- Select Import from the setting drop down.
- Select Overwrite existing Alert Definition. NOTE: This will not overwrite any definitions other than any created by SIOS iQ.
- Click Browse and select the xml document downloaded earlier.
Configure a vRealize Data Adapter for your SIOS iQ Environment
In order for SIOS iQ issues to be reported through vRealize Operations Manager, the SIOS iQ Environment must be configured with a vRealize adapter. This can be done either during or after Environment creation.
For information on how to configure the vRealize Data Adapter, please refer to Environments.