SIOS iQ Appliance Requirements
- Storage Requirements – 132GB of space available on the host where the SIOS iQ Appliance will be deployed
- Virtual Memory – 16384MB (16GB)
- CPU – 4 vCPU
Hypervisor Technology Requirements
- vSphere – 5.x and 6.x
- vCenter – 5.x and 6.x
- vCSA for VMware – 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5
- Storage Type – Any supported by VMware
- Applications – Any
- OS – Any supported by VMware
- Browsers – Microsoft Edge, IE 11 or later; Firefox 18 or later, Chrome 23 or later, Safari 5.0 or later (NOTE: Ensure that cookies are enabled in your web browser in order to avoid display issues.)
- Tablet Support – iPad and iPad Mini, Android devices with screen size 7’‘ or larger
VMware Environment Requirements
For some of the features SIOS iQ needs to obtain access to the ESXi host via ssh. Please make sure that the following system requirements are met in order for SIOS iQ to effectively analyze and optimize your environment:
- ESXi Lockdown mode must be disabled to enable ssh. For more information on how to disable the Lockdown mode please refer to VMware Knowledge Base. (NOTE: SIOS iQ does not require root permissions to the ESXi host.)
- ESXi authentication is performed either via provided vCenter credentials or specified Host credentials during the Environment configuration assuming that all ESXi hosts have the same credentials via single sign-on or individually. For more information on authentication and authorization for ESXi please refer to vSphere Documentation.
- ESXi host must have a scratch partition created which is configured by default starting from VMware 4.1x+
- SIOS iQ synchronizes its time with the ESXi server that it is hosted on. The time zone of the SIOS iQ VM should match the time zone of the ESXi server that it is hosted on. For more information refer to the following articles.
Configuring Network Time Protocol (NTP) on ESX/ESXi hosts using the vSphere Client (2012069)
Verifying time synchronization across an ESX/ESXi host environment
Thanks for your feedback.