SIOS iQ Appliance Requirements
- Storage Requirements – 132GB of space available on the host where the SIOS iQ Appliance will be deployed
- The recommended appliance configuration depends upon the number of VMs deployed in the infrastructure, due to scalability requirements.
|# of VMs|
Hypervisor Technology Requirements
- vSphere – 5.x and 6.x
- vCenter – 5.x and 6.x
- vCSA for VMware – 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5
- Storage Type – Any supported by VMware
- Applications – Any
- OS – Any supported by VMware
- Browsers – Microsoft Edge, IE 11 or later; Firefox, Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later (NOTE: Ensure that cookies are enabled in your web browser in order to avoid display issues.)
- Tablet Support – iPad and iPad Mini, Android devices
VMware Environment Requirements
For some of the features SIOS iQ needs to obtain access to the ESXi host via ssh.
Please make sure that the following system requirements are met in order for SIOS iQ to effectively analyze and optimize your environment:
- ESXi Lockdown mode must be disabled to enable ssh. For more information on how to disable the Lockdown mode please refer to VMware Knowledge Base. (NOTE: SIOS iQ does not require root permissions to the ESXi host.)
- ESXi authentication is performed either via provided vCenter credentials or specified Host credentials during the Environment configuration assuming that all ESXi hosts have the same credentials via single sign-on or individually. For more information on authentication and authorization for ESXi please refer to vSphere Documentation.
- ESXi host must have a scratch partition created which is configured by default starting from VMware 4.1x+
- SIOS iQ synchronizes its time with the ESXi server that it is hosted on. The time zone of the SIOS iQ VM should match the time zone of the ESXi server that it is hosted on. For more information refer to the following articles.
Configuring Network Time Protocol (NTP) on ESX/ESXi hosts using the vSphere Client (2012069)
Verifying time synchronization across an ESX/ESXi host environment
VMWare Credential Requirements
For some of the future advanced features of SIOS iQ, it is recommended that a VMWare administrators user account be used when configuring SIOS iQ environments.
Companies with enhanced security protocols may use a modified Read-Only account.
To configure a Read-Only account, follow these steps:
- Log in to the VMWare Web Client with an account that has administrator privileges. (typically email@example.com)
- Go to Administration > Roles
- Right-click the Read Only role and select Clone
- On the resulting Clone Role dialog box:
- Change the Role Name to SIOS iQ
- Expand the Datastore option and select Browse Datastore
- Click OK on the Clone Role dialog box
- Create a User if there is not one available
- Assign the newly created SIOS iQ role to the designated user
- Go to Administration > Global Permissions
- Right-click the user and select Change Role
- On the resulting dialog box under the Assigned Role section, select the SIOS iQ role from the dropdown list
- Click OK on the dialog box