The SIOS iQ PERC Issue List (Not Available in SIOS iQ free edition) is designed to give the user insight into the status of their systems. It lists identified issues and relevant information such as severity, start and end time of the issue, the SIOS iQ determined root cause, the objects impacted by the issue, as well as recommended actions regarding the issue.
The user has the ability to filter the issue list by the following fields:
- Issue Status – Issue Severity (Critical, Warning, or Informational)
- Issue Progress – All Issues or Issues Currently in Progress
- Inventory – The Environment or cluster the issue is related to
- PERC Category – The PERC (Performance, Efficiency, Reliability, Capacity) category the issue involves
- PERC Layer – The layer of infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Network) involved with this issue
The Issue Display
The PERC Issue List is split into two sections. The left section is a list of issues that may be sorted by the fields Severity, Start Time, End Time, and Issue Type. The right section displays various information about the selected issue.
All issues will have a Details tab. Some issues, particularly those that represent anomalous activity, will also have an Impact Analysis and/or Symptoms tab.
- Details – The Details tab provides a snapshot overview of the issue including thumbnail graphs of the symptom and object topology, root cause object name (datastore, VM, etc.), issue start time, issue type (Storage Contention, Application Impact, Application Storage Contention), issue end time, layer (application, compute, storage, network), duration, the environment, and summary and recommendations to address the issue.
- Impact Analysis – The Impact Analysis tab shows all the associated and impacted objects (host, VM and datastore) related to the detected issue. The List View provides a summary list of these objects, while the Topology View provides an interactive graphical representation of the relationships among these and the Root Cause object(s).
- Performance Impact – Performance Impact provides the ability to evaluate the impact on the object(s) within the infrastructure that have been identified as impacted by accessing symptoms such as: latencies, IOPS, etc.
- Symptoms – The Symptoms tab provides information about the symptoms associated with this issue. The symptoms graph provides an overlay of the start and end times of the anomaly.
- Example- A Storage Contention issue provides information about an IO latency peak, IO latency percentage deviation from the norm, and plots a graph of datastore IO latency statistics for the duration of the issue.
- To view the Performance Root Cause dashboard click on Performance Root Cause.
Performance Impact Graph & Symptoms
The Performance Impact graph provides chart information and symptoms metrics regarding the Impacted and Root Cause object(s) for each issue in the PERC Issue and Performance Root Cause lists. The Performance Impact data for Impacted and Root Cause objects can be accessed by selecting Root Cause Object link on the Details tab or selecting the object on the Impact Analysis tab and clicking the Impact button.
What does that mean? And what should I do with this information?
For detailed information about each possible issue, please see the description in the Specific Issue Details topic.