SIOS iQ is a single, easy-to-use resource that brings intelligence and simplicity to IT operations. It continuously analyzes your VMware environment leveraging powerful machine learning technology. SIOS iQ also offers a mobile, touch-optimized user interface that delivers insights that will help you make smarter, better, and faster decisions. SIOS iQ enables you to optimize the performance of business critical applications while minimizing the costs.
SIOS iQ showcases patented machine learning technology to identify wasted resources across the infrastructure. It also improves the performance of storage and applications by identifying virtual machines that are ideal candidates for storage acceleration. It can be easily accessed on your laptop, desktop, or tablet through the responsive user interface without needing to set up any rules, thresholds, or dashboards.
New in This Release
- Performance Forecasting now includes forecasting of Storage level Performance Issues.
Features in Version 3.15.0
- The user now has the ability to reset the admin password by logging into vCenter and accessing the virtual machine console.
- Issue Action States Menu for Meta Analysis – This menu on the Root Cause Analysis dashboard allows the user to set Action States for Meta Analysis Problems as Muted, Acknowledged or Resolved.
- Signal iQ API is a general facility that allows for any event generated by a variety of resources (application, infrastructure tools, hardware devices, protocols such as SNMP, etc.) to be signaled to SIOS iQ for analysis and correlation.
Features in Version 3.14.0
- Improved performance of the PERC Issue List and the Root Cause Analysis enabling caching of the issues that are being analyzing.
- Root Cause Analysis has been enhanced. The user can now drill down into the “Performance Impact Analysis” to gain a comprehensive understanding of the impact of Meta Analysis problems on the infrastructure.
Features in Version 3.13.0
- Settings -The SIOS PERC Dashboard is now Disabled by default. It can be Enabled by selecting Manage > Dashboard.
- Defect Fix – User can only view two SIOS PERC Topology Categories while using IE11 with screen resolution 1680×1050.
- Defect Fix – Numeric Overflow in Virtual Disk Stats.
Features in Version 3.12.0
- Performance Forecasting – Feature enhancement using more specific recommendations for VM placement.
- Defect Fix – Errors in catalina.out log file – query timeouts.
- Defect Fix – Errors in catalina.out log file – thread contention with PERC Dashboard threads.
- Defect Fix – Errors in catalina.out log file – numeric overflow.
Features in Version 3.11.1
- Meta Analysis Set User Resolved Button – This button on the Root Cause Analysis dashboard allows the user to close the Root Cause Analysis event.
Features in Version 3.11.0
- Auto Refresh – The SIOS PERC Topology dashboard automatically refreshes every 10 minutes.
- PERC Issue Invalidation – An invalidation occurs when a root cause object within an issue is no longer present.
- Meta Analysis – The SIOS iQ Root Cause Analysis feature adds Deep Learning to strengthen its Performance Root Cause Analysis.
- SIOS iQ now supports VMware vCenter Server 6.5.
- Performance Impact Graph – The Performance Impact graph displays all the symptoms for Root Cause & Impacted objects for a Performance Issue.
Features in Version 3.10.0
- Storage Acceleration and Undersized VM reclassification
- On the PERC Dashboard, the Storage Acceleration chart moved from Storage Performance to Storage Efficiency. The Side Navigation Menu option is now located under Efficiency. The Category classification for PERC Issues changed from Performance to Efficiency. Any open issues in the PERC Issue List will be closed on upgrade and reopened with the new classification.
- Undersized VMs moved from Compute Performance to Compute Efficiency. The PERC Issue “Application Impact – Undersized VMs” is now “Compute Efficiency Optimization – Undersized VMs”. The issue Category classification changed from Compute to Efficiency. Any open issues in the PERC Issue List will be closed on upgrade and reopened with the new classification.
- Criticality – The Criticality setting is a severity suppression of the PERC Issues and can be found in Environments, Clusters, and Services.
Features in Version 3.9.1
- Defect Fix – Issue counts incorrect after navigating to the Performance Forecasting Dashboard.
- Defect Fix – Topology refresh issue after drilling down to the cluster level.
- Defect Fix – Quick Start Guide not working correctly unless user navigates to the SIOS PERC Dashboard.
- Defect Fix – VM Migration Event shown as “undefined” on Impact Analysis Graph.
- Defect Fix – Topology graphics are lost after deselecting Environment(s) in the Environment filter while on the Cluster Level of the SIOS PERC Topology Dashboard.
Features in Version 3.9.0
Features in Version 3.8.0
Features in Version 3.7.1
- Defect Fix – Users are unable to login to SIOS iQ Appliance due to an out of memory issue
Features in Version 3.7.0
- SIOS PERC Topology – The new SIOS PERC Topology environmental view renders complex information into a form that enables users to easily understand the overall and specific health of their environments and clusters. It gives IT an instantaneous view of operating status across four key service dimensions: performance, efficiency, reliability and capacity utilization. The topology view is segmented by environment and color coded by issue severity.
- Oversized VMs Dashboard – The Oversized VMs Dashboard shows VMs that have consistently underutilized available resources (according to configurable usage parameters) and should be evaluated for the opportunity to reclaim resources as recommended by SIOS iQ.
- SIOS iQ introduces the ability to categorize the data not only by environment but also by the vSphere Cluster. In the PERC dashboard the environment drop down has been enhanced to show an environment’s clusters. When selecting an environment cluster the PERC details will be filtered by cluster; not the entire environment.
- SIOS iQ now supports integration with SQL Sentry. This allows SIOS iQ’s machine learning technology to be used in conjunction with SQL Sentry’s ability to detect Microsoft SQL Server issues. See the Inventory -> Environments and SQL Sentry Integration sections for more details.
Features in Version 3.6.0
- SIOS iQ now supports VMware vCenter Server 6.0 Update 2.
- SIOS iQ now supports email notifications for detected issues.
- Defect Fix – Unable to filter PERC Detailed Chart Top 10 Contributors by Environment.
Features in Version 3.5.0
- SIOS iQ now supports VMware vCenter Server Virtual Appliance (vCSA) for VMWare versions 5.5 and 6.0.
- One Click To Clarity – This UI/UX one-click feature enables all of the important Performance Root Cause insights to be gathered into one comprehensive view.
- Capacity Forecasting Dashboard – This dashboard provides access to the current storage capacity profile for all Datastores, including capacity forecasts based upon recent trend analysis.
- SIOS iQ now supports Perpetual Licenses.
- Defect Fix – Incorrect VM Object displayed on VM Properties Page after entering from Selected VM Object on the Topology View.
Features in Version 3.4.1
- Defect Fix – All Grids in SIOS iQ are displayed as Empty when using Latest Chrome 48.0 Release.
Features in Version 3.4.0
- Updated vRealize alert definitions – If your SIOS iQ appliance is currently integrated with vRealize or if this is your initial vRealize integration, refer to vRealize Integration for download instructions.
- “Topology”: – The Topology view for Impact Analysis now provides the user with a comprehensive, interactive graphical overview of interrelated root cause, impacted and associated objects for PERC Issues.
- Top 10 Contributors – Leveraging new chart functionality to mashup the data on the graph, the user can now access PERC detailed charts and graphically identify the contributors to a particular metric that is being analyzed by SIOS iQ.
- Host Failure Tolerance – The Host Failure Tolerance chart shows the total number of hosts, across all clusters in the indicated environment(s), that can fail and still leave those clusters with enough resources to maintain their current VM workloads.
- Machine Learning Sensitivity – You can view or edit the global Machine Learning sensitivity policy, which provides the ability to control the sensitivity of the Machine Learning algorithms responsible for the Performance Root Cause analysis.
Features in Version 3.3.0
- Undersized VMs Dashboard – The Undersized VMs Dashboard shows VMs that have repeatedly high utilization for either vCPU or vRAM (or both), and should be evaluated to provide additional resources recommended by SIOS iQ to avoid potential impact on the application.
- Best Practices – Once a new environment is added, SIOS iQ starts to analyze and learn the behaviors of the newly added environment. During this learning period, issues may arise from the violation of Best Practices thresholds and will be displayed in the PERC Issue List and Performance Root Cause Analysis (SIOS iQ standard edition). When SIOS iQ has completed its learning period, analysis will proceed based upon learned behaviors.
- vRealize Integration – SIOS iQ now provides the ability to enhance the vRealize Operations Manager user experience by importing SIOS iQ issues into vRealize Operations Manager.
- *“Performance Root Cause Event Correlation- SIOS iQ correlates VM migration and provisioning events with identified Performance Root Cause Issues and identifies whether each event constitutes a true root cause of a related performance issue.
Features in Version 3.2.0
- vSphere 6.0 – SIOS iQ now supports vSphere 6.0
- Application Network Contention – This feature indicates SIOS iQ has identified a performance problem caused by increased or decreased Network Workload on one or more VMs and their associated Host.
- New Search Box – The new search feature allows the user to search for VMs, Hosts, and Datastores by name.
- Enhanced Machine Learning – SIOS iQ 3.2.0 incorporates an enhanced machine learning framework that amplifies signal-to-noise ratios. This new analysis framework enables more accurate detection of anomalous behaviors and, ultimately, more meaningful issues presented to the user.
Features in Version 3.1.0
- SIOS PERC Dashboard™
- Collapsible PERC Matrix
- Issue Indicators at the Compute, Storage, and Network levels
- PERC Issue List
- The SIOS iQ PERC Issue List is designed to give the user insight into the status of their systems. It lists identified events and relevant event information such as severity, the start and end time of the event, the SIOS iQ determined root cause, the objects impacted by the event, as well as recommended actions regarding the event.
Features in Version 3.0.1
- The SIOS PERC Dashboard™ provides a comprehensive view of your environment. It displays aggregated trends of Performance, Efficiency, Reliability, and Capacity across your compute, storage, and network layers.
- Performance Root Cause
- SIOS iQ presents any infrastructure component anomalies that may affect performance through the Performance Root Cause Analysis dashboard.The dashboard is split into two sections. The left section is a list of issues in chronological order that includes Severity, Start Time, End Time, and Issue Type information. The right section displays Details and Symptoms of the selected issue.
- Storage Acceleration Analysis
- Using Solid State Disks (SSDs) is a simple solution to performance issues caused by storage resource contention in the host machine. SSDs are used to offload storage and network traffic, improve storage performance, increase the density of the virtualization environment, and improve the application response time. The Storage Acceleration dashboard identifies the workloads that are best suited for storage acceleration, recommends the total cache and cache block size, and predicts the resulting performance benefits and cache-hit rate.
- Efficiency – Idle VM Detection
- The Efficiency dashboard identifies idle VMs in your infrastructure by continuously analyzing the environment, defining the normal conditions specific to that environment, and identifying idle VMs that may be deleted to free resources and save money. The analysis is continually updated without the need for manual intervention to set thresholds or run reports.
- Efficiency – Snapshot Sprawl
- The Efficiency dashboard lists the snapshots in the environment along with their age, size, number of siblings under the same VM, and potential cost savings that can be obtained if snapshots are deleted or collapsed.
- Quick Start Guide
- The Quick Start Guide helps you get started by highlighting the simple steps required to use SIOS iQ.
- Simple Product Update
- New features and enhancements will continuously be added to SIOS iQ to help you better optimize your virtual environment. The product update process is simple so that you can take advantage of the new features and capabilities within minutes.
- Multiple User Support
- Multiple users may be added to SIOS iQ with the option of setting each user as an admin or read-only.
- Inventory Console
- The Inventory console provides you an easy way to view quick stats of your environment as well as a list of all virtual machines, datastores, and hosts within your environment.
- Touch-optimized, Responsive User Interface
- You can easily access SIOS iQ from your desktops, laptops, and tablets. The user interface is built to be touch-optimized and responsive to simplify navigation and improve user experience. This includes a collapsible side menu to enlarge the main viewing area and table columns that can dynamically be adjusted to better view data. It also includes dynamically loaded data within the tables to improve the user interface performance.
- Export Data to CSV
- You may export the data within the tables into CSV files to perform further analysis and reporting.
- Policies provide you with an option to change some of the parameters that are used by the analytics engine in relation to cost, Idle VM detection, and Storage Acceleration analysis.
- Audit Log
- The Audit Log captures the administrative actions of the users, along with the outcome of the action.
- Event Log
- The event log highlights changes or errors relating to SIOS iQ’s connection status in your environment.
- Support Log
- The support log enables users to export and send product logs, in normal mode or detailed debug mode, to SIOS support to help debug issues.
Prior to installing or updating the product please refer to System Requirements. Please note that the CPU and Memory appliance VM requirements have increased. Please see Update SIOS iQ for more details.
SIOS iQ Release 3.16.0 includes the following installed packages:
Quick Start Guide
To get started using SIOS iQ, refer to the SIOS IQ Quick Start Guide.
|Using the SIOS iQ back button may not restore the previous page.||Use the browser back button.|
|The Time Zone setting cannot be changed using IE11.||Use another browser to change the Time Zone setting.|
|When using IE11 the SIOS iQ license file opens in a new tab instead of downloading.||Save the license file and install the license.|